Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Moving Very Quickly

I’m moving much faster than I thought I would in this process. My documents arrived in Russia on January 20th for translation and then region assignment, a process that normally takes about three weeks. On January 27th I received a call that there is a little boy in the Astrakhan Region that matches my home-study and is available for adoption. After several discussions with CHI and my adoption doctor, yesterday I let CHI know that I would like to start the process to go and meet this boy. I’m waiting for CHI to let me know what I need to do next, when I will travel, etc. I’ll post updates as I move forward.

In the mean time, if you would like to know more about Asterkhan, click on the link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrakhan

2 comments:

  1. Chris,
    We are so happy for you! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Howard and Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Have a safe trip and I'll be praying for you while you're gone.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete