Monday, February 15, 2010

Big Day Today 2

February 15, 2010 8:26 PM

This morning I realized that my blog posts were being posted in Eastern Standard Time, instead of the actual date and time I am posting.  I believe this is beacuse my blog was originally created in the Eastern time zone.  If any of you fellow bloogers can let me know how to post in the time zone I'm in without having to schedule my posts eight hours in advance, please let me know.  I put the correct time on the computer today thinking the blog posts would actually be in real time, but they are still posting in EST.  I'm going to put the date and time of each post on each entry until I figure this out. 

Anyway, today was a busy day; I had an early morning pickup to go for my ’interview’ at the Ministry of Social Welfare. The interview was very fast; it consisted of a review of my referral, a question about whether or not I would like to meet him and the signing and notarizing of some documents. Then it was off to the orphanage to review all of his documents and hear about his medical and social history. From there I went to see him. I had two visits with him today, he responded to me the way he should have when we first met, he cried (keep the wise cracks to yourselves). The second visit went better than the first; he warmed up quite a bit and was much more responsive. I’m hoping he progresses with each visit. I’ll see him two more times tomorrow and Wednesday then I will have to make my official decision by Thursday.

My room was changed today, I’m in a new room where I can actually walk without having to turn sideways, again, keep the wise cracks to yourselves. I just had dinner with Jennifer and Michael and I’m going to try to get some sleep tonight, I haven’t slept at all since I started this trip. Thanks for following along, Chris

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you passed the first test and that you have some people with you to share it with. Get some rest, you deserve it!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big day!! Congrats on its arrival and for getting through it successfully. How wonderful that you have someone else there to share, celebrate, and vent with. We know all too well how important that is during this process.

    The best news of all is that you met HIM! We are thinking of you over these next few days. Definitely get some sleep.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    This is HUGE!! We're so glad you're there and making so much progress. You didn't go into too much detail so we're holding our breath for you. I'm sure t will be a few days before you let out your breath yourself! We're thinking about you every day - keep (or start)smiling!

    Diane and Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, you made it through another step in this journey toward Motherhood. Each day seems to be filled with so many challenges,and yet you are moving forward. Well done! I knew you could do it!!! I continue to be very thankful that you have people that are in country to help you. Please remember that I am always here to help as well. Sleep well. I look forward to more details of your journey tomorrow.

    Roseann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had read on the CHI yahoo group that you were going to be leaving soon. Great to hear that you are there in Astrakhan and meeting your son. We were there at the Azimut in Nov/Dec of 08 getting our 3 boys. I know that life there can be really frustrating but remember that you will eventually laugh about most of it much later! : ) Life in the Azimut is priceless, to say the least! I have never seen elevators like theirs! But dinner at the Korvet is beyond compare. I had pork for dinner, on our first trip, 4 out of the 5 nights. They had two different kinds. I had to keep getting them to see what actually was the difference. Never could figure it out. : ) Do you have Galin for your rep? and Vala for your interpreter? If so, tell them we send greetings to them.

    Phyllis Beadle

    ReplyDelete