Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hurry Up & Wait, Then Hurry Up Again

Anyone who has been through this process understands it is a lot of hurry up and wait. As you go through it, you are driven to get all of your paper work done quickly so you can move ahead and then slow down and wait for the next step. Then all of a sudden something happens at home or in country and you have to prepare more paperwork or plan a trip as quickly as possible to the other side of the world or do both.

Well, if you haven’t guessed it, I’m doing both right now. I got a call on Wednesday asking if I could travel next week.  I have a lot to do as I’m getting ready to leave for Russia, documents, visa, packing, plane tickets, etc.  I’ll be leaving on the 12th for Moscow. From there I will travel to Astrakhan where I will spend the week. If things go well, by the time I come home on the 20th I will know my son. Stay tuned….

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Oh my gosh! I know you said it was moving quickly, but that's NEXT WEEK!! We are so happy for you and cannot wait to follow along!

    Sara

    P.S. Let me know if you need a portable tripod to take along. I can overnight it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, that is fantastic news ! We are so happy and can't wait to hear from you when you've met your boy.

    Kathleen, Geert, Yeska and Maksim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! Your post gave me chills. I can't believe it's happening so fast. I'll call you on Saturday to see if you have down off the ceiling yet!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW! How exciting! Sending you lots of love and good wishes for a successful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,
    Wonderful news! I am sending you an extra batch of good wishes to pack in your suitcase! It will be a new journey, and will keep many a good thought for you for good things. The area looks beautiful near the Volga river. Will follow you closely. Travel well!

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete