Thursday, February 18, 2010

Better Day

This morning I was unable to see the little man because I had to take care of some paperwork. The papers I signed today will officially begin the process of me bringing him home. We still have a lot of work to do and this will take several months, but I made the decision that I want to adopt this boy and bring him home; so the next step in the process has begun.

The little man and I had a much better visit this afternoon than yesterday. He was happy and playful. The only problem was he was most happy about a couple of cars I borrowed from Michael & Jennifer. I had to return the cars to them which meant taking them away from him when I was getting ready to leave, let the crying begin. I gave him a cookie to ease the pain of loosing the cars, he stopped crying and took the whole bag of cookies, and apparently he was not leaving me empty handed! He waved victoriously as he walked down the hall away from me.

Tomorrow I will see him once more before I leave for Moscow. I couldn’t very well leave him without a car of his very own. Before dinner we walked over to the toy store and got him a little red car, he will be a happy boy tomorrow.

Have a good night. Chris

Posted February 18, 2010 10:40 PM

6 comments:

  1. Yay Chris!! We are very happy for you! The biggest decision is behind you. The road is still long but the journey is now headed toward "home" for both of you.

    Glad you had a better day. Sounds like he had a great day with cars and cookies. :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Hope he likes his new red car tomorrow, it's amazing how the littlest things make them happy. So your journey continues, lots of luck and love being sent your way from all of here at home!

    Safe travelling....

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears in my eyes. I'm so glad you are moving on to the next phase. Good luck leaving tomorrow. It's going to be hard! I hope your trip home is smoother than your trip there. I can't wait to hear more!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you've made a decision! This is great news! Enjoy your time with him tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing all about it next week!

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making this important decision! Don and I are very happy for you. We both continue to pray for you, and hope that the remainder of this journey will go smoothly, and you will soon be rewarded for all of your efforts by bringing your Little Man home to play with his precious red car in his own room. I for one, will celebrate that day! Don says he will bring the iced vodka!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Chris,

    We are so happy for you ! Congratulations ! It must have been hard to leave him behind for now. We hope the time flies by and you will be back on the plane for court.

    Big hugs from us,
    Kathleen, Geert, Yeska and Maksim

    ReplyDelete