Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow, Sleet, Ice & Fingerprints

Today we had a really bad storm, it started as snow durnig the night then went to sleet, freezing rain and ice.  Everything is coated with a layer of snow and ice, making driving challenging and scary.  Today I also had an 8 AM appointment at US Immigration Services to be refingerprinted.  Since I'm traveling in a couple of weeks, I didn't want to try to reschedule my fingerprinting appointment; I have no idea how long it would take to get another appointment.  So I decided to say a prayer and leave my house very early this morning; before the roads were plowed and before there was a lot of traffic on them.  I had to go about 70 miles round trip.  It took me about four hours to get to Port Chester, to get fingerprinted and to get home.  I was very thankful to get home safely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment